A Tough Few Months


It's been quite a few months since I posted here .... I just simply have not had the chance. If I can refer you back to my post in November "Caring For The Elderly" which discussed how over time I have had to put in more and more care for my Mum, who was dx with Alzeimers / Vascular Dementia. Well, to cut a long story short, she sadly passed away in July. She was 88 years old and very frail, in a way it was a blessing for her. Although expected, at some point, it was still incredibly sad for all of us. What has been really weird, is coming to terms with the guilt (of having so much more time to devote to myself / ourselves.) It had become so much a part of daily life, that when you get so much extra time, and so much less work to do, it takes a little time to get used to that. Hopefully I will be able to devote a little more time to my blog now.

Comments

Popular Posts